Is “hire a legal translation company” on your action plan for starting up or reinvigorating your business? If not, it should be. Hiring a legal translation company is one of the most overlooked steps in growing and expanding businesses. Since technology has made it far easier to conduct business across borders and hire employees who live and work in other countries, the need for translated documents, contracts, disclosures and marketing materials continues to soar. If you don’t have a legal translation service on your speed dial, here are a few reasons why you should hire The Perfect Translation to support your business today.
- Hiring a legal translation company will give your business more opportunities to grow. You may not think about the fact that your customer base is limited primarily to people who speak the language your business operates in. For example, customers who speak Spanish but not English often feel more comfortable frequenting businesses that provide materials, signage, and labeling in Spanish. If you’re considering entering the European market, there is a wide range of languages that you may need to incorporate into your business. A legal translation company will be able to help you decide what should be translated as your enter these new markets.
- A qualified legal translation company will help keep you out of legal trouble. In contrast to using random online translation software or amateur translators, a qualified legal translation company uses professionals with experience in the subject matter as well as language fluency. They recognize the need to work with your legal department to ensure the work is accurate and also meets the legal requirements of the various countries involved in each project.
- Partnering with one legal translation company is more efficient. Creating an ongoing business relationship with a professional translation firm will help ensure your work is translated accurately the first time. However, it will also cut out unnecessary time trying to find someone to translate your work every time something new pops up. You’ll be able to focus more of your energy on the work of the business, not outsourcing your translation projects.
- You’ll avoid harming your brand image. There are endless examples (many humorously shared on the internet) of companies who mistranslated their slogans or taglines and ended up in embarrassment. Unfortunately, online software solutions and amateur translators are not always aware of language nuances that can give an unintended meaning to a straight translation of words or phrases. Professional translators have experience with the subject matter and will help advise you on more appropriate wording to accurately extend your intended brand to a new culture or country.
- You’ll save money. By hiring a legal translation company to work with your business over the long haul, you’ll be making a wise financial decision. You are more likely to receive better pricing when you’re contracting for an ongoing book of work. Plus, you won’t have to worry about re-doing translation work poorly completed by fly-by-night translators. You will also enjoy peace of mind that you won’t be saving a few pennies with a cheap translator just to pay out more down the road when a contract is flawed, or disclosures didn’t meet all the legal requirements of another country.
Make a good decision for your business by hiring The Perfect Translation.
At The Perfect Translation, we have individuals who are fluent in foreign languages and experienced in all the issues impacting international business. The Perfect Translation uses teams of language experts who have professional experience in the legal topics you’re dealing with–from patents to contracts, disclosures, and advertising materials. Don’t leave your important translation work to computerized bots or generalized linguists. Contact us today for a free quote and learn more about what makes The Perfect Translation the best place to get accurate legal translations.